Baked Coconut Shrimp with Apricot Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- In a shallow bowl combine 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut with a bit of salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, scramble 2 eggs with a pinch of garlic powder and a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Put 1/2 cup rice flour in a 3rd bowl.
- Dredge some peeled & de-veined shrimp in the rice flour, dip in the egg wash, and then coat with the flaked coconut.
- Bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes till cooked through. Serve with Apricot Sesame dipping sauce.
- For the Apricot Sesame Dipping Sauce:
- Combine 2 tablespoons apricot jelly, the zest and juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/4 tsp grated ginger, freshly grated black pepper, 1/8 tsp red chili flakes, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil.