I made my own iced coffee this morning with… dun dun dun… instant coffee.
Gasp! I know. You hear instant coffee, you automatically think of something like burnt rubber, but this turned out to be surprisingly good! I mean, it was no $3.45 tall light-iced skinny vanilla latte or Perfect Iced Coffee by Pioneer Woman, but still not bad! I’d make it again. Here’s what I used:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 Splenda packet
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3/4 cup cold skim milk
- a few drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- In sealable jar, bottle, or cocktail shaker (I used a Nalgene because it was the only thing I could find), combine instant coffee, splenda and warm water. Cover the container and shake until it is foamy.
- Pour into a glass full of ice. Fill the glass with milk and stir.
- Optional: Adjust to taste if necessary by adding a little vanilla extract.